The farm was established in 1979, after purchasing a sixteen hectares small farm previously belonging to the Ente Maremma (authority for the agricoltural reforms in the Maremma region). In 1952 the Authority began the reclamation of the area after centuries of latifundium. An agrarian reform expropriated and parcelled out about 180,000 hectares of land and transformed ten thousand poor families into small landowners. A huge social work that offered great opportunities for social redemption and development after the distruction of World War II.
The first farm was purchased in 1979, but soon a second twelve-hectare farm was added in 1983 and in 2004 a third farm with an historic olive grove and an ancient Etruscan-Roman road completed the property.
However, our family farming tradition dates back to the early 60s in Pavia, with the ownership of a milk producing company situated on over 120 hectares of land.